“Wheatgrass Juice” – some people already remembering the weird smelly juice. Don’t run away as our today’s target is to present you few delicious wheatgrass juice recipes. Well, I know there are some odd smells and the taste isn’t too good. Still, there are ways to minimize the smell and bring a delicious taste.
In this article, we will share the outcome of your experiment and wheatgrass recipes. We have tried 20+ recipes. Unfortunately, most of them ended up with a miserable result. But surprisingly, 4 of them were seriously tasty. Here we will discuss how we have made delicious wheatgrass juices. So, let’s get started.
Delicious Wheatgrass Juice Recipes
1. Wheatgrass Apple & Orange Mix Juice Recipe
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 1 minute
- Serving: 1 cup (250 ml)
- Wheatgrass: 30 grams
- One medium-size apple
- Two medium orange
- Sugar (Optional)
- Ice cubes
- Gather all the fruits and wash them with fresh water. Peel the fruits and slice/cut them into desired pieces.
- Wash the wheatgrass properly.
- Now put them into a blender and blend them for few seconds.
- Take a strainer and pass the juice through it.
- Now add sugar and ice cubes and enjoy the drinks.
2. Wheatgrass & Pineapple Juice
- Pineapple: Half cup
- Wheatgrass: 30 grams
- Ginger: Small pieces
- Ice cubes
- Wash the pineapples and wheatgrass.
- Take all the ingredients into a wheatgrass juicer.
- Blender them for moments.
- Pass the mixture through a strainer.
- Add ice cubes and enjoy easy wheatgrass juice.
3. Wheatgrass Powder Juice
- Wheatgrass powder: 1 tablespoon
- Carrot: 3 medium size
- Pineapple: 2 cups
- Ginger: A slice of thumb-nail size
- Lemon juice (using half lemon)
- First, wash off all the fruits you gather.
- Peel the ginger and carrot.
- Take a juicer and pour ginger, pineapple, and carrot together
- Now blend it and stop after few seconds. Add the lemon juice into the mixture. Again turn on the juicer.
- Now take another jar and put some wheatgrass powder. Add a little about of juice and stir it.
- Now take a strainer and pass the mixture juice through it.
- Again stir it and your juice is done.
- You can add sugar or salt and enjoy it with ice cubes.
How to Juice Raw Wheatgrass?
Well, I must say, it won’t be delicious as the previous recipes. But, many people tend to drink direct juice from wheatgrass. It is more beneficial. Here I am showing the steps to prepare it.
Process of Using Juicer
- First you have to gather some fresh wheatgrass. You can grow it in your yard in just 2 days. Or else you can buy from the market. 300-gram wheatgrass will be enough to prepare 200 ml juice.
- Now cut the grasses into a very lower size.
- Now wash them off and take away all the leaves that turned yellow.
- Take a juicer and clean it. Pass some wheatgrass through it. Turn on the juice and collect the juice.
NB: Wheatgrass can create jam into the juice. If that happens, remove the pulp to clean the jam.
Process of Using a blender
No worries if you don’t have a juicer. Here I am showing the way to prepare it in the blender.
- Put wheatgrass and half a cup of water into the blender.
- Blend it for few seconds.
- Take the thick fluid into a cheesecloth.
- Now squeeze out the cloth and collect the last drop of juice.
You can store the juice in the fridge. For that, take them into short glass vials and seal them properly. If you don’t have them then you can use an ice-cube tray to store them in frozen condition.
How can you Make Wheatgrass Juice Taste More Delicious?
I know many people just get it odd to drink wheatgrass juice. Something new can change the overall taste of wheatgrass juice.
Here I am adding some tips which will help you to make your juice more delicious.
- The young fresh grass is less likely to be bitter and minimize the grass smell. So always select fresh grass.
- Before using the wheatgrass, sprinkle a few pinches of sea salt on it. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash them properly with a large amount of water.
- Never blend the grass for a long time. It may oxide and as a result, it will small strong.
- Use your favorite fruit combining with the wheatgrass. Ultimately, it will taste good.
- Try to drink it using ice cubes. It minimizes the odd smell and keeps the delicious taste.
What are the Side Effects & Health Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice?
Let’s start with the health benefits of wheatgrass juices.
- Wheatgrass Juice contains Vitamin A, C, and E and eight essential amino acids.
- It prevents cell damage and works against cancer cells.
- The juice helps to lose weight.
- Also, helps in controlling the blood sugar level.
Now talk about the negative sides. Truly the juices have no dangerous side effects Here they are –
- If you are not used to it it may show side effects such as nausea, headache, fatigue, etc.
- Must wash them properly. Otherwise, people who have several allergic problems may get allergic reactions.
I have already discussed 4 delicious wheatgrass juice recipes and a raw juice recipe. If you are only thinking about the health benefits, then raw juice will be beneficial. But, you must get bored drinking it regularly. In such cases, the other 4 recipes will come in help.
I have also discussed the benefits and side effects. Must read out the part and the people who may feel it unsuitable I don’t suggest them to drink it. But once you are used to it, you shouldn’t face any problems again. Hopefully, you have understood how to prepare delicious wheatgrass juices.
Don’t forget to check another important recipe – “Carrot juice recipes for weight loss” Just click the link to read the recipe.